Colour Switcher:

Font Resizer:

Frequently Asked Questions

How is the rent level determined for my property?
Economic factors of supply and demand, amenities, location, accommodation and condition will be taken into account when considering a rental value. Our staff are always willing to visit your property and provide a free, no obligation market appraisal of your property.

How and when will I receive my rental payments?
A tenant is required to set up a Standing Order at commencement of tenancy to cover rental payments from the 1st of each month, which will be paid direct to Premier Lets. Premier Lets will process this payment, deduct the management fee, and forward the remainder of the rent to the landlord no later than 25th of each month.

What if the rent isn’t paid?
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the tenants are financially secure, there may be the odd occasion when a tenant falls into arrears. We monitor closely the payments of rents, so that if there is a problem it can be addressed quickly and you will be notified. Often a quick telephone call or a letter will resolve the problem, however, if the rent is persistently late or in severe arrears there is an effective course of redress through the courts. The cost of this procedure is borne by the landlord.

Are the tenants required to pay a deposit?
Yes. The minimum deposit we require from tenants is equivalent to one month’s rent plus £100.00. The deposit has to be held in line with Deposit Protection Legislation.  We currently transfer all deposits to the deposit protection service. This in effect on the 6th April 2007 Government Legislation (The Housing Act 2004)

Do I need to tell my insurance company?
Landlords should notify their insurance company of any proposed tenancy and ensure that they are covered for present day values. Landlords should also notify their building society of their intention to let their property.

What do I do if my property is leasehold?
The managing agents or the freeholders must be advised as a change in the type of occupancy may affect the building’s insurance.

Who will pay the utilities?
In addition to the rent, the tenant is expected to take on the responsibility of the Council Tax, Gas, Electricity, Telephone Charges and Water Charges. As part of our management service we will arrange for the relevant utility companies to be notified of the change of occupant and provide them with meter readings.

What type of tenancy will be used?
Our tenancy agreement will be for a fixed term, usually 6 months. After the agreed period it can roll over to become a Statutory Periodic Tenancy that can be terminated by the tenant giving one month's notice, or the landlord giving two month's notice.

Property Search

Your online account